Friday, August 14, 2015

Favorite Part of My Day

Glenn IV running to me at daycare pick-up
I'm not a morning person, by a long shot.   Many days start of with rushing around, dodging traffic, getting the little man to the appropriate school, dropping Camryn off at her school during the school year and trying my hardest to be as close to on time as possible.  A pretty typical morning for many working Moms.  It takes until about 10 am before I really wake up and feel ready to tackle my day. In my work, every day is different.  Sometimes it is a whirlwind of one problem after then next from the second I walk through the door. Other days are a little more laid back where I actually cross things off on my to-do list.  I enjoy my work and my co-workers.  It never fails, however, around 3 pm I start the countdown.  An hour and a half until I leave to go pick up my little man from school.  The last hour seems to take three hours and although I am most productive and at peak performance in the afternoons, in the back of my mind, I just can't wait to leave.  Who could blame me, really?  With the smile on this sweet little face running toward me each afternoon it has quickly become my favorite part of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment